Why is DC ignition better than AC ignition?
As you've read in the previous pages, there are some significant benefits to a DC ignition system conversion upgrade kit. They include:
- Increased long-term reliability with no reliance on failure-prone stator source coil
- Increased long-term reliability with insufficient & varying AC-powered CDI box
- Increased spark energy at all engine RPM from consistent DC battery power supply
- Improved cold starting due to increased spark energy at starting RPMs
- On some models, increase charging system output by eliminating stator source coil and increasing charging windings
- On some models, save on parts cost and labor by reusing existing stator regardless of source coil condition since it is bypassed